On Tuesday, we saw what Jeanne wants for Spring. Now let’s see what Kate is eyeing!
1. Florals: Florals are not a pattern I normally feel comfortable wearing – they are often too feminine and girly than my preppy style. But this Spring I’m seeing a lot of modern looking florals popping up in black and white or mirrored patterns. I think a floral pencil skirt is the way for me to go – it picks up the trend, but in a crisp, structured way. I picked up the H&M skirt below a few weeks ago.
2. Another peplum top: This is one of those trends I was late to adopt, but I think peplums will be around for a while. They are so flattering (as long as they are cut long enough and hit right at your waist!) and stylish. I ordered this Banana Republic top a few weeks ago – I love the black and white and chevron stripe print!
3. More stripes: How could I possiblly want more stripes – especially after buying that peplum top? I have a handful of striped tees in various colors, but I’d really like to add another in a thicker stripe and a sturdier material that I could even layer over a button-up shirt.
4. Pastels: This is a difficult trend for me. I am normally drawn towards more saturated, jewel-toned colors, which I think are also more flattering on most people. However, I want to give this a try, and I think pants are the way to go. I love the mint skinny jeans trend but it doesn’t quite work for my body (and I’m not going to spend a lot of money on a nice pair of mint jeans), but I ordered a pair of lavender skinny chinos from J.Crew that I like.
5. Bright flats and sandals: I love me some flats. And although I’ve made a recent effort to wear heels more (and own great looking, comfortable heels!), my new job is more casual and heels often feel out of place. There are a lot of cute, bright flats out there this season, and they add a fun pop of color to any outfit.
I enjoy this kind of exercise because it helps me keep my shopping focused on the things I really want – instead of wasting money on impulse buys.
What do YOU want for spring? Are there any trends we missed?