What Jeanne Wore: A Dressier Work Outfit

dressy work outfits | Two Take on Style dressy work outfits | Two Take on Style dressy work outfits | Two Take on Style dressy work outfits | Two Take on Style

Asos skirt (similar), J. Crew Collection shirt (similar), French Connection shoes (similar), J. Crew earrings (similar), old chain belt (similar)

Here is an outfit the likes of which I’ll probably never wear again after I retire in a few weeks. I mean, this is for sure a work outfit on the dressier end of the spectrum.  So today’s outfit is an homage to dressy work ensembles – silk blouse, VERY dressy skirt, heels and fancy costume jewelry.

As we all know, every year work clothes have come more casual.  All the while I have strived to maintain a higher standard of work fashion – the result is that my colleagues have seen me as sort of a “fashion icon”.  It’s sad that business fashion has come this route to the present day – at least sad to to this fashionista!

Shop my picks:

See another way I’ve worn this mint blouse:

cardigans and button ups | Two Take on Style

Follow us! Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter

Kate’s Instagram | Jeanne’s Instagram | Pinterest

Linking up with Visible Monday, #iwillwearwhatilike, Shoe and Tell, Style Sessions, Sydney Fashion Hunter, Summer Style, Fashion Friday, Style Swap.

8 Comments on What Jeanne Wore: A Dressier Work Outfit

1. Nina Bosken
    June 13, 2016 at 9:35 pm (9 months ago)

Cute look! I love skirts like this!

Nina
    aworldofdresses.com

• Jeanne
      June 15, 2016 at 3:38 pm (9 months ago)

Nina – Thanks for your comment. All the best, Jeanne

2. Susan Berggren
    June 13, 2016 at 10:59 pm (9 months ago)

I agree with you that, sadly, work clothes have taken the casual route…as has church, restaurant, airplane travel, and concert attire. I too try to step it up whenever I leave the house to go ANYWHERE. This seems to become more important to me the older I get. I have friends that comment on my outfits saying, “but I have no place to wear anything dressy anymore”. I DISagree with that attitude. ANY where and any TIME is an opportunity to “dress”, even at home. Getting dressed, doing my hair (and THAT takes less than a minute), and applying makeup are real spirit boosters for me…and others appreciate my efforts too. Let’s PARTY!

• Jeanne
      June 15, 2016 at 4:01 pm (9 months ago)

Susan – I absolutely agree with your outlook. I don’t really understand why people are so willing to give up on their appearances. I’m going to keep waving the banner and I hope you will too. Thanks for reading. All the best, Jeanne

• Jeanne
      June 15, 2016 at 4:06 pm (9 months ago)

Emma – Yes, I LOVE this outfit – the shape of the skirt, the color blocking on the blouse. I love those moments when everything comes together and a combo “sings”. Thanks for writing. Jeanne

3. Anna Parkes
    June 16, 2016 at 6:22 pm (9 months ago)

Dressing up for work is my thing too. I love having the excuse of finding something lovely to wear every day and can’t imagine what I’ll do when the time comes for me to retire. You look totally gorgeous in this beautiful skirt and blouse. It’s great that you’re considered a style icon – you deserve some acknowledgement for your efforts!
    Anna x

• Jeanne
      June 17, 2016 at 3:58 pm (9 months ago)

Anna – I think the solution is to create activities to dress up for! I think we are all style icons and our acknowledgement is every time someone comments or compliments us, right? I always get a little embarrassed and want to compliment the person who compliments me, but I love it just the same. Thanks, Jeanne