Remember that great post on packing a wardrobe for six weeks? Well, dear readers, I’ve lost the opportunity to take advantage of my own advice! Because I’m now 2500 miles from my closet, laid up recovering from my fall, and, instead, stuck with a weekend wardrobe for six weeks. Talk about a fashionista disaster, right?
Let’s look at the positives:
- My weekend wardrobe is made up of cute items
- There will be less to wash and manage
- Moving from place to place will be simpler
- For a lot of the next six weeks, I’ll be wearing
Here’s what I’ve got:
- One pair of cropped flared jeans
- One pair of off-white frayed hem jeans
- My red track “trousers”
- One pair of bermuda shorts – navy and beige print (similar)
- Four tee shirts – navy, white, pink-striped, green-striped (similar)
- White button up shirt
- Two novelty tops – one black, one cobalt
- Black embossed bomber jacket (similar)
- One set of workout clothes
- Two pairs of sneakers
- Two pairs of flat sandals – black and cognac (similar)
- One pair of dressier low heeled lace-up black sandals (similar)
- Not much jewelry – mostly black and/or gold
- Black handbag and leopard print backpack
OK, now DON’T judge me just because I take a lot of clothes with me for one weekend. If it were winter, I’d have fewer items, but it is so easy to pack more in warmer weather. But really, it is not a bad collection to mix and match for six weeks, is it? The crisp white shirt has to be professionally laundered and ironed to look good for more than one wearing and I should have included either more workout pants or sloppy pull-on pants for the work ahead – helping to take care of a first-time mother and newborn and packing – but I can borrow stuff from my daughter for this. Oh.. and I don’t have a light raincoat!
But I know I can do this and it will be an interesting challenge for someone accustomed to a lot of wardrobe variety. And if I get really out of sorts, I can always order something darling and on sale and have it sent to me here! By the way, here is a compilation of tips for efficient packing for your next trip.
Follow us! Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter
Kate’s Instagram | Jeanne’s Instagram | Pinterest
Linking up with What I Wore, Summer Style, Fashion Friday, Visible Monday, #iwillwearwhatilike, Shoe and Tell, Confident Twosday.