1 / 2 / 3
Well, first let me say that I’ll never look like any of these women in hot weather.
I’ll be spending five or six weeks between Washington, DC and Knoxville, TN this month and next. I grew up in the humid hot muck that is the east coast in summer so I am not a newbie. But I haven’t been in that weather for an extended period since the days when I wore lots of shorts, sleeveless tops, and cute little sundresses.
I’ve been developing the criteria for my hot-weather wardrobe knowing that I have to fit everything into a 22″ roller bag and a smaller carry-on bag and my trip won’t involve any “dress up” occasions. I, of course, want to take all my favorite cute clothes but there is no way I’ll be able to do that. Here are my guidelines:
- Four pairs of comfortable pants – no tight skinny jeans which will just be too hot. But here I’m talking chinos like these:
- One pair of cropped flared jeans and one pair of denim midi culottes so I can get my “trendy” on.
- Six tees – two long sleeved (good for wearing over exercise clothes to gym) – given my proclivities these will probably be striped or white.
- Two dressier tops – I just bought this, for example:
- One button front midi dress or a long vest – I can wear the former as a dress, a tunic over pants, and as a duster.
- One skirt – probably my Shoptiques version of this one because I love it so much and it screams summer:
- One long sleeved crisp white shirt
- Outerwear – my light apple green Eileen Fisher anorak
- Two sweaters – undecided here but one will be black
- Three sets of exercise clothes
I cannot even think about shoes (could take up 50% of my available space!), jewelry, or other accessories – I’ll report back on that next week! What have I missed here? What tips do you have for hot weather packing?
Check out these beautiful on-sale hot weather clothes from Banana Republic and H&M!
Follow us! Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter
Kate’s Instagram | Jeanne’s Instagram | Pinterest
Linking up with What I Wore, Summer Style, Fashion Friday, Visible Monday, #iwillwearwhatilike, Shoe and Tell, Style Sessions, Sydney Fashion Hunter.